Stamps: SU Itty Bitty Bouquet; Ink: Versamark Brilliance Black, Copics, Burgandy Rose acrylic paint, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Scattered Straw; Clear EP, Basic Grey Perhaps DP, Fern Punch, paper fringer Flowers anyone?!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Bringing Stamped Images to Life
See list of supplies used for this project below.To make the frame stand (the back), I started with a coaster and chopped it up to get a piece measured 2-1/2 by 2-1/2". I cut one of the left over pieces of the cut-up coaster to 1-1/2 by 1-1/2. Scored the little 1-1/2" piece about 1/2 inch down. Then attached it to the 2-1/2" piece with some big brads to create the frame stand. Covered the front side of the frame stand with Basic Grey Perhaps paper. (Note, the frame stand at this point does not have the scalloped frame attached yet -- this photo is showing what the back looks like after it's all done.)For the flowers (the centerpiece), I first stamped the flower can from SU Itty Bitty Bouquet (yard sale find thanks to my DS Tina -- the BD girl) onto white cardstock using Black Brilliance Ink. I embossed it with clear EP, then colored it in with copics. After cutting it out carefully (just the can, not the flowers), I added a dimensional to the back of the can and adhered it to the covered side of the frame stand. From there, I punched 2 fern things (I don't know what they're called, they're all the rage these days) out of scrap green printed paper and glued them down so it looked like the were coming out of the can. Then I began fringing paper again. I LOVE my paper fringer. It got lost in the black to-do hole that is my stamping room and I happened to pull it out recently and now I want to add fringed and quilled flowers to everything!! (Hmmm...maybe I'll do a tutorial?? What do you think??) Anyways, this was the easy part, it didn't take very long to come up with a bunch of little flowers and I just picked out a few of them and arranged them on top of the fern things. I quilled a few dark pink buds (I don't know the technical quilling term for those little guys) and used them to balance out the arrangement.
I love dimension and texture on my cards. I love "girly" cards with flowers. I don't understand when someone says "I can't get that stamp set, I already have too many flowers." What?
This little project here is a 3x3 framed bouquet of flowers brought to paper-life.(It's DS's BD present. Good thing I haven't told her about my blog yet.)
Finally the Scalloped Frame. I first painted it with some Burgandy Rose acrylic paint and let that dry (maybe 10 minutes). Then I covered it pretty thickly with Ranger Distress Crackle paint in "Scattered Straw". This stuff is really cool!! Once that dried (about 20 minutes), I lightly brushed some of the drying Burgandy Rose paint, that was still on my sponge brush, over the crackle to highlight the effect. I love that vintage look!! Yeah Tim Holtz. Someone give that man a cigar. Once I was sure the whole thing was ready, I glued on the frame, over the flowers, to the frame stand.
I even have a bunch of cute litte fringed flowers left over for another project.
Here's the supplies used: