Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Shiny Pink Poppies!


Hello Friends!

Another happy Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!  The Design Team has created so many amazing projects this week, I hope you'll check out the HC Blog out to see what's there!

My card today features the Blazing Poppies Collection.  My favorite thing about this collection is how big the larges flower is that you can die cut!  It makes gorgeous big blooms and they "graduate" all the way down to sweet smaller ones.

I went with a pink theme on this card.  I used a card panel from the paper collection as my base, a Spellbinders die for a lacy-loopy layer, and then added my stamped and die-cut flowers and foilage.

The shiny-ness of the blossoms come from painting the shaped blossom with Angel Craft Podge.  A very cool semi-gloss, mod-podge type product that results in a perfectly glossy, light weight finish (so your flowers hold their shape). It goes on clear and, my favorite part, comes with a brush attached to the lid so you don't need any tools that need washing up afterwards!  **Big thanks to Marcie from CutatHome for supplying this awesome product for me to try out!  Giant thumbs up everyone!!


We're soaking wet here in Texas and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Great American Scrapbook Convention scheduled to start tomorrow isn't affected... would love to see you there if you're going too!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi Anne! your layered blooms are SO 3D - just beautiful! what a lovely get well card - sweet butterfly landing on the rim too! Julia xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great way to dress up a card front! Your poppies are stunning!

Karan Gerber said...

love your shiny poppys, beautifully put together with the filler stamp in the background

Unknown said...

stunning card Anne!! Love your coloring!!!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Gorgeous card Anne! I love that you went with pink...it's so bright and fresh! Your poppies look amazing! Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Tracey

Liz said...

Gorgeous!

Robin said...

I love the color of your poppies!!! Great card and design, hugs!!!

SussiPoppins said...

Hi, love the poppies...what else can I say....great card! hugs