Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pop Up Cats and Dogs Card

Hello friends!

I made this "Pop Up Box Card" for my BFF, Sandy, who wanted to do a swap with them!  I have to say it was so much easier than it looks to make.  I'm so glad I said "yes" and tried it out!  Very fun -- thanks Sandy!!

I used Graphic 45 "Raining Cats and Dogs" collection to create the card and all the picture embellishments.  The only other paper used was a piece of 12x12 back cardstock.  I followed the instructions on Splitcoast found here

I selected several images from the paper collection and fussy cut them for use inside the box. I also used coordinating chipboard pieces that are part of the same collection.  I added a Tim Holtz Swivel Hook and Chain to the chipboard piece on the front flap of the card.  I also added some tiny red fabric flowers from JoAnns. 


This is a look at the card "flattened" for shipping.  Super fun project and I will definitely be making more of these!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

Hi Anne! how are you GF??!! so glad you stopped by my blog to say hello! LOVE this Pop up box card - so bright and fun with the wonderful papers you used! Every time I see one of these I say "I want to make one of these" and I never do - thanks for the link to SCS for instructions!