Sunday, November 17, 2013

2013 Christmas Cards

These are Christmas cards I've made for my Etsy Shop.  It's almost overwhelming anymore to narrow it down to just a few that you want to make for the holidays!  I have stuck to some simple die-cutting and assembly for these ones!

This first card is one in a series of three that I've made so far -- all basically the same but different cardstock and patterned papers.
The poinsettia is created with Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die.  Love this die because it is a large die that will cut through multiple layers at once so it only requires one run-through on my Big Shot to cut all the pieces. 

I used a stylus to create a crease line in each of the blossom leaves then pinched them along the crease to create a partial fold in each leaf.  This gives the flower the great dimension it has.

The stamens in the middle came in a box that I got from Michaels; they come already clustered like that so they are perfect for this flower.  The glittery leaves were cut from a decorative pick that all the hobby and craft stores have piled up!

The background chalkboard-style patterned paper is by "Me and My Big Ideas" that I purchased as a single sheet from Hobby Lobby. 

These are the other two I made using the same steps:

This last one is my favorite, it just makes me smile and he was fun to put together!

The tree branch in the back is Memory Box, the snowman is made with a Basic Grey "Snowmen #2" die by Sizzix, and the sentiment is from Just Rite Clear "Large Fancy Holiday Sentiments".

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

1 comment:

Joanne Travis said...

They are all so beautiful, Anne!
Hope you have been doing well :)