Friday, January 11, 2013

Inspiring!


Hello Friends,

If you're needing inspiration, I have a wonderful website today to share with you!  I found so much inspiration there, I decided to keep it bookmarked on my Internet Tabs so I can access it regularly.

The website is Layla Grayce, which I found while looking for a website to use as I host the Inspiration Challenge this week.  






The card I'm posting for the challenge is inspired by this Swirl Brooch Photo Album.  I just love the neutral tones, the accordion folded ribbon treatment and the coordinating bling.  "LOVE"!




For this card, I used ivory cardstock from the ATD "Pure" Textured Cardstock collection (found at Michaels).  The paper comes textured with little flowers so it saved a step in my card making process!

I embossed my sentiment with gold EP onto a panel of the ivory CS.  The sentiment is from Fiskars Lasting Love Quotes set.  I scattered some jewels onto the panel and rounded the corners. 

To make the accordion-folded focal piece, I scored a 4" x 4" piece of the ivory CS every 1/4", then I accordion-folded it to mimic the cinched ribbon on the album.  I squeezed it tightly in the center so it would fan out on either end, then attached a gold colored medallion with a lattice brad to the center to keep the cinch in place.  I attached my finished accordion piece to the panel with tacky glue.


Finally, I adhered the completed panel to the card base with dimensional tape strips.

Now go check out Layla Grayce!  See what inspiration you can find there!!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

   

No comments: