Saturday, September 8, 2012

Copper Theme

Hi Friends,

In honor of my new blog template in warm brown/blue colors, I created a coordinated card to go with it!!  (Not really, total coincidence!)

Made two cards as entries for Hero Arts "A Blog Named Hero" blog challenge: "Who's the Boss".  This is the first of my two posts for my cards. 



For this card, I went with both dry embossing and heat embossing.

I dry embossed a border on some Cool Caribbean CS with an embossing folder, then heat embossed my sentiment in copper EP.  I added two die cut Spellbinder flowers that I had made earlier to finish it off.  The leaves are DSWV textured CS. (BTW, Both the die cutting and dry embossing were done in my new, awesome-est ever Fiskars Fuse machine!!)






The DP I used for the flower is "Desert Spring" by SEI,  I received it in a card kit and loved that copper foil running through the design so I had to go back and order more.

Check out card #2 in the post below!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
 

2 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Woweeee! This is so beautiful and elegant! Hugs to you Anne!

Shea said...

What a gorgeous card. I absolutely LOVE that color combination! I've been tooling around your blog and am completely impressed - you do wonderful work and have inspired me already to try a couple of new (to me) techniques. Looking forward to spending more time here. You may count me as your newest follower!