Saturday, July 14, 2012

Postage Stamps Card




Received a little bag of cancelled postage stamps that I purchased on eBay.  They're real, used with the cancellation marks and I couldn't wait to start using them!! Pretty good buy for $3.50, free shipping!!  Woo hoo!






I ran a couple of lines of ATG tape down the left side of my white card base, selected some of the stamps and applied them down the side on the tape lines.




Next I die cut the TH weathered clock die from Choc. Chip CS, glued it on onto the same panel, then ran the assembled parts through my Big Shot with a TH Distressed Dots EF.








I stamped the Fiskars sentiment and added the clock hands (which I colored with a bronze Sharpie).  Layered the panel with Island Indigo CS and adhered to my white card base with dimensional tape.

Love those postage stamps for cardmaking!! Happy Anne!!

Stamps used:  SU Flowering Flourishes and Trust God
Next, I had a chance to play along with this week's inspiration challenge this afternoon!  Stephanie found a fab site called Sugar Chic Baby with lots of color and pattern inspiration!!  Love it!




The colors of this fun "Serenity" headband jumped out at me and so I went with this item as my inspiration.




I stamped a flourish image with Chocolate Chip ink onto turquoise CS, then over stamped it with Versamark and embossed it with with white EP.  I added a sentiment, MS butterfly and some faux rhinestones. 

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
    

2 comments:

Piali said...

Gorgeous Anne!!! Love teh postage stamp card...brilliant idea!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anne Temple said...

Love the postage stamps card. What a creative way to use them.