Saturday, April 14, 2012

So Many Cards

 Hi All,

I'm bombarding you again with a bunch of cards I've made recently!


I'll start with the one I made for today's Inspiration Challenge over on SCS.  The website is "Greenheart" and I chose this cute bird plate as my inspiration.  I "thought" it was a good choice for a quick, CAS card that I could use some of my new K&Company stickers on, but noooooh!!  It took on a life of it's own and consequently took me all morning long!





The card ended up with 8 layers, a punched and dry embossed flower, a small rosette, the bird sticker and some dimensionals between the layers. 

  







The next photo is of some of the Easter Cards I made.  Using my fav TH rossettes, I attached them to a card base, stamped a bunny ($1 bin stamp!) onto coordinating DP, and added heart rhinestones.  Super quick.

The next photo is of a couple of First Holy Communion cards I made using vellum stickers.  I have had that sheet of stickers forever - Dollar Store find so I couldn't pass them up when I found them years ago, but never used them until now.

Lastly, my favorite.  Some of you "oldie" stampers may remember, "back in the day", before "Movers and Shapers" dies became a hot item, we had those small, thick Sizzix green dies.

It occurred to me that they work exactly the same way as the Movers and Shapers dies, but without the base plate that is needed to keep them magnetized to the base.  Duh.  Anyhow, I don't have nearly the number of those green dies that I used to, but I did keep some (yay for the hoarder in me!). And there's lots of them for sale on e-Bay for about $2.50 - $3.00 ea.   
To make the card, I cut out a white panel, positioned the die three different times on the CS and ran it through my Big Shot. The reason these thick dies work better for this technique than the thin wafer-type dies is because they don't leave a square impression around the negative piece that is left. 

I positioned my DP pieces on the base so that a different piece would show through each negative space and then popped up the panel dimensionals.  The DP in the background is KaiserCraft Peachy Keen collection that Stephanie (aka SmilinStef) gave me. Thanks Stephanie!!  So love that pad and those colors!!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
 

3 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! What great cards Anne! I especially love the last birthday card. Hugs!!

Anne Temple said...

Love them all. Each is so different but so creative. Now you've got me thinking about those green Sizzix dies that I still have too (it's about time I tried to use them as they have been collecting dust). Thanks for the inspiration!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

They are all FABULOUS, my talented friend!!