Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspired by a Hand Fan!

Hi Friends,

This card was inspired by the web store called "A Cool Breeze - Fashionable Hand Fans".  I found the website while surfing around for an inspiring site for the IC this weekend over on SCS.

I chose this fan by "Chiang" as my inspiration. I set out to recreate the wonderful color scheme using Tim Holtz Distress Inks on glossy paper.







I stamped and cut out the Hero Arts "Daisy Blossom" stamp onto Eclipse paper to create a mask of my daisy and laid it on the glossy panel.





I sponged on my distress inks pretty randomly, but referring to my inspiration piece as, well, inspiration!

I removed the mask to expose the white space.

Next, I tested different colors of browns on another glossy panel to determine which ink I wanted to use for the daisy.  Because ink tends to act and look different on glossy than on regular CS, I wanted to be sure I chose the right color for my project.

Once I decided on the ink to use (I went with the SU! Chocolate Chip), I inked up my daisy image and stamped it over the white space.

I completed my card by adding a rust and brown-colored punched circle to the center and then stamped my sentiment using the same SU Chocolate Chip ink.  I layered the finished card onto Really Rust CS and then onto my white card base with dimensionals.

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
 

No comments: