Monday, September 5, 2011

Thanks Set - Paper Piecing


This set is for my sister who asked me to make her some Thank You cards.  I really love the stamps I got from Purple Onion Designs designed by Stephanie Ackerman.  They are whimsical, easy to color and fun to paper piece, depending on my mood!  And they remind me of Judy, my sister who's going to get these! 



The stamps I used on these cards are "Hearts on a String", "Faith the Chicken", "Curly Bird" "Heart Flower" and "Pot-a-Flower".  (The "Thanks" sentiment is one of 3 freebies that came with my order!)  I stamped several different Basic Grey DP scraps with all the images so I would have a big selection to choose from when it came to assembling the cards. 


I made this set assembly-line style.  I first cut out my 6 main panels in white, doodled all the borders and then mounted them onto black CS.  Next I stamped my focal images onto the panels using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Then, I just started cutting out the different matching pieces from the DP that I had stamped earlier and created the pieced images.  I popped up some of the pieces with dimensional tape.  On the big flowers, I added a K&Company bauble in the center just because they were the same fun, whimsical style as the images.  Once the focal image was done, I then selected some coordinating DP to layer under the finished panel, added another layer of black CS and finally, I mounted the whole thing onto a white CS base.

Here's pics of them individually:
















 
















 
















 
















 


















The teeny hearts on all the "Thanks" sentiments and the teeny birdies like the one on this card are just some that I drew on DP and cut out and glued to the cards.


TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

1 comment:

Michelle Woerner said...

Fun, happy and colorful. What fun images! Your sister is going to love these! Hugs!