Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lots Done This Weekend!


Hi Friends,

The mojo is up and running at full throttle this weekend!  Got a lot of card-making done and played around with lots of ideas I've had in my head.  Mostly vintage and retro styles, which I think is where the motivation is coming from.  It seems to be quite trendy these days, awash with samples on Pinterest (yay!), so there's lots of inspiration all over the internet.

Here's a quick tour of my weekend accomplishments...

The ornament pictured up top is a case of this week's FS on SCS, Korin (aka Sweetn SassyStamps).  I cased her "Poinsettia Nestabilities Ornament" but used a fan fold flower as my white layer and die cut the flower.  The poinsettia die cut is from an awesome set by "Marianne Design Creatables" that I picked up this Summer at the rubber stamp show.  (Best time to shop for holiday goodies!).

The ornament project got me going on fan fold flowers (again, I know, obsessed), so I followed my mojo and went with it.  I used the same basic design, but this time I used my SU! Bird Builder punch and layered the bird onto the base of the flower instead of a poinsettia.  A little bling for the birds' eyes and a bit of doodling and these were ready for frames.  I adhered them to $1 ornamental frames I picked up at Michaels awhile back.  The DP is Graphic 45.




 Side view of the frames.








These next two cards are inspired by that retro trend, which I love.  I dunno why.  I just do, maybe the cheery colors?  Any how, here's a couple cards that I made...



This image is Purple Onion Designs (love) which I stamped 3 times on Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe DP.  I cut out the flowers, spritzed with water, scrunched up, dried with my heat gun, opened them back up, then layered and tied them together with a button. I added scraps of papers to the bottom and a punched border and coordinating chipboard piece across the top.  Doodled everything (ha ha!) and layered it onto a torn-away dictionary page.







This next card is my fav!  "Almost last, but not least!"  I received some retro chipboard pieces free in the mail last week that I had to play with. They're from "Designs by J. Ellory LTD" called "Nana Loves".  Be sure to visit Jennifer's blog -- you'll love her work!!  There was about 50 pieces in all, and each of them so so cute, I love them all!  They came free with a quarterly craft mag I get that comes from the UK.  You'll be able to see the whole set I received and the magazine issue on her blog.



The DP is Emma's Shoppe and another dictionary page.  I also used a Maya Road chipboard frame that I painted with TH Crackle Paint in Walnut.  No stamping but of course, some doodling!









Finally, the last card is a vintage style card.  I just wanted to use this "Daisies" set that I've had forever and never used.  It's a set by Sheena Douglas who is really a painter.  Her work is amazing and she's now designing stamps so I had to jump on these.


I stamped the Sheena Daisy onto a dictionary page, brushed a very light blue copic over the petals, then added some Craft Lounge Sparkly Fluff in Coffee Bean Brown to the center for texture and a bit of sparkle!  I layered it onto a scrap wood grain-patterned paper (unknown source) and tried to create a look of a hanging sign on a fence. 

Whew!  I told you I got a lot done...and there was actually more but now I'm out of blogging stamina! 

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

No comments: