Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fan Fold Flowers -- Part Two!


This is a continuation of yesterday's post!  When I was day-dreaming about what to do with my fan fold flowers, "wheels" came to mind and eventually I settled on making a flower cart with them.  So here's the results!



I used a lid from one of my 2x2" Dollar Store boxes and covered it with DP, then added some large eyelets to one end so I could slip my "handles" through.

My handles and peg legs for this cart are these "Bonny Party Pics" that I got in the beer and wine section at a grocery store.  One of those "I-might-be-able-to-use-these-for-something-some-day" items (I KNOW you know what I'm talking about!! LOL) that I grabbed and stashed away!

I used two of the smoky colored ones for the handles and slipped them through the eyelet holes.



For the cart's peg legs, I covered a 1/2" x 2" piece of chipboard with DP and punched two 1/8" holes where I wanted the legs to stand.  I snipped down a pair of the clear pics, squirted glue into the holes and inserted them -- they fit perfectly!  






Next I covered a piece of chipboard with coordinating DP that I had cut down to fit inside the 2x2 lid.  I glued down the chipboard piece over the pegs and that served to hold down and cover up the sticks, and it filled up a good portion of it!

This photo shows how I then spread a very thick layer of "Yes" paste over the "floor" and up the inner sides of the cart to prep it for the flowers!







Finally the best part!  I started with a layer of punched, green leafy branches on the bottom that I just randomly stuck into the glue letting them spill over the sides.















Then I added a mix of flowers that I had from my stash.  Totally non-discriminatory; there's paper flowers that I handmade, Primas, glass flowers that I had from years ago, refugee flowers from old arrangements in my house, just about anything that was little and colorful went into the mix!

The stems of the flowers were inserted into the paste to keep them secure inside.  Now that the paste is dry, the flowers are all but permanently stuck in there like that!



I was half expecting it all along not to come out so I didn't put a lot of thought into the placement of the flowers.









 And this is my little flower cart!  This will probably stay with me as inspiration to make more!!

These are the last two samples of the stuff I made with my flowers this past weekend. 


 This little can -- it came naked from Michaels.


And this box.  I'm not sure where this came from, but it used to have something inside it!!











So thanks for joining me in this fan-fold flower oddessy of mine.  Although, I know I'm not done.  There will be cards... oh so many cards!!  I still have a few more flowers to use up!!


TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

WOW!!!!!!!!
Anne, I don't even know where to start in my praise for your projects, they are all so wonderful. Your photography of these beauties is incredibly professional and should be in a magazine. Awesomeness!
I've been wanting to play around with making handmade flowers and fan folds lately too but have not had an ounce of extra time. Especially on the nice days when I have to be outside digging in the garden :)

MariLynn said...

WOWZERS!!! This is amazing!!!! You are so creative!

Robin Swederske said...

I love your fan-fold flowers!

JulieA said...

SO WONDERFUL!!!!!! Love all of your projects with your fan flowers.

Julia Aston said...

Yowza Anne! love your creative beautiful flower cart!! Your flowers look like they took great precision to place you crazy girl!!! What wonderful colors - and I love the basket of fan fold beauties you still have to create with!! Good to see you GF!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

You are so creative, Anne! I LOVE that little wagon with flower wheels!!