Friday, February 4, 2011

Uncommon Cat

Hello Hello!

I'm hosting the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast this weekend and here's a sneak peak for you if you want to play along!!  The website is "Uncommon Goods".  A very fun website to browse through just for laughs if nothing else!!  I found these "Post Cardens",  Baby Tee Pees and Elephant Poo Paper Roses that made me smile (gotta give 'em credit for the "uncommon" in their title LOL!) but I didn't use them as my inspiration!

I chose this "Pet Card Case" for my inspiration piece.  It reminded me of my very favorite Basic Grey "Max and Whiskers" collection that I've devoured and happily use whenever I can. 


I created a label using Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Fanciful Labels and daubbed the raised portion with Adirondack Acrylic Paint dabber in Snow Cap white while it was still in the folder.  I stamped the sentiment with Blue Bayou ink then went over it with a clear Sakura Glaze Pen to enhance the color and raise the letters a bit.
 




After layering all my panels, I added a large Daisy Doodles prima flower and coordinating Basic Grey Chipboard pieces.









As an afterthought to finish it off, I gave the cat a little collar charm from my stash -- I think it's from Hobby Lobby.  I always have so much fun using this collection!

Hope you get a chance to play along!  

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cute card!!

Susan said...

what's not to luv with this delightful feline card...our family recently rescued a new kitty...coming full circle!

The catnip is a fun center for that bold blossom and that embossed happy.

Happy to see you hostessing tonight, too.

martina's kaartjes said...

pretty card ! love the colors,
have a nice day,
greetings, martina
x

JulieA said...

That is really, really cute! I love cats and this is adorable. Yes, cats make us happy!!!!!