Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Splitcoast Tutorial!

Hi All,

I have a new tutorial being featured on Splitcoast today  -- Faux Pressed Flowers!  It's a way to get the look of old fashioned, pressed dried flowers on  your card.  Hope you'll check it out!  I've made several cards doing this technique that I haven't posted until now (including the two in the tutorial)...here ya go!

This one uses Cuttlebug's Houndstooth Embossing Folder.

This one uses SU's Square Lattice Embossing Folder. 



This one (full card is featured on the SCS tutorial) and the one below use SU's Square Lattice Embossing Folder also.

Several other folders that I know work really well too are the Tiny Bubbles folder, Tiny Mosaic Texture folderHerringbone folder, Mesh Texture folder.  Try it with some of the ones you have at home, and let me know!!  I'll come and check it out!!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Anne - This is fabulous. I have never thought to run my flowers thru a folder, but I will give it a try. I'll link you when I post on my blog! A tutorial on SCS ... wow, way to go! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Mynn xx said...

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us! Can't wait to try it!!!

Lou said...

YAY, Anne! I love it, and the tutorial looks great!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

GF, your tutorial is fabulous!! I love the extra examples you show here!! If the weather cooperates, my SU demo comes on Sat., and the lattice folder is right on my list! Thanks for sharing this fun technique with us!! Hugs!!

pianostamper said...

You're amazing! What a beautiful effect! Can't wait to see the NEXT technique you show on splitcoast.

Smilie girl said...

thanks for the great tutorial on SCS. And thanks for all the embossing folders ideas.

Beach Cat ! said...

I really enjoyed trying your technique. I like how you suggest other folders to try --- and the whole technique makes the card look so put together and eye catching. Thanks so much for sharing!

Joan Ervin said...

This is a fabulous tutorial, Anne....what a great idea to emboss the background and the flowers...sooo cool!!! We may have to do this for a TLC!!!!! I LOOOVE all your samples...you have been a busy girl!!!!

Joanne Travis said...

I love all of your cards and that fabulous embossing folder, my favorite!

Connie B. said...

Your pictures really show the embossed effect on the flowers. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll give it a try.

JulieA said...

It's a great tutorial and I LOVE the idea of using flowers! I've only thought of using punched images, so you're totally rockin' in my book!!! thanks for showing us these wonderful and lovely cards!