Friday, October 22, 2010

Penguins Make Me Happy

Hi All,
Penguin Fun


Ever since I saw the movie "March of the Penguins" I have been fascinated and charmed by those little guys!  So I was naturally drawn to the cute Penguin Fun Christmas set by Woodware USA.  I've been enjoying this set all week!





I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge over on SCS this week.  The website is "Poster Cabaret" and this is the poster that I used as my inspiration.



The embossing technique I used is cased from a card by Gail, aka "mamaxsix" -- she shared this fun tutorial with me, the results are gorgeous IRL!!

I die cut some trees with a christmas Cuttlebug die from last year (sorry, don't have the packaging anymore so I don't know the name!!) and then used a glue stick to glue all my pieces down in a random design.  Then I ran it through my Big Shot using SU! Square Latice EF.  It embeds all the pieces together and it just looks so cool!!  I added my Penguin image (that I had colored with copics and fussy cut) and some half back pearls to the trees and left it at that.

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Funny beautiful card !
have a nice day,
greetings, martina
x

Susan said...

wonderful work, Anne. And congratulations on the DT for Woodware USA. You will be a great asset for them. And I will look forward to seeing how you use the stamps.

Joanne Travis said...

You do such a wonderful job hosting the IC, Anne!! Your sample is so beautiful and I love penguins too. It's just the kind of creature that makes you smile automatically.

Unknown said...

Oh this is just too cute! How adorable is that lil penguin?! Fantastic card my friend!

Hope you're doing ok. We should do lunch soon!

Hugs!
Steph

Rachel Hope said...

OH!!! I LOVE it! and ummmm, OOOOPS!

JulieA said...

Oh wowzers, I'm loving those layers embossed together in the folder! That is amazing! It looks like a quilt. Makes me want to climb in under the quilt and take a nice winter nap.