Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Am So Caught Up!!

Yahoo!! This is a happy day! At long last I have caught up with all my DDC challenges, my Belli challenges, and Father's Day!! Just in time to start a new list tomorrow LOL!! Here's the results of concentrated stamping all day yesterday....
This is a combo DDC Card for Joanne (aka Sleepy in Seattle) and for the DDC this week that I hosted. Joanne wanted to see flowers with lots of bling on the card, and I wanted to see newsprint on your card. So I made flowers with the newspaper and added bling to the flower's centers, bling across the top, and then I layered it onto some shiny reflective CS.
This next card is another DDC Card. This one was hosted by Charlene (aka Where M&Ms Gather): Charlene gave us a challenge to use paper piercing, paper piecing, and the colors Black, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose and Kraft. My photography didn't capture the colors quite right, but trust me, they are the real deal!! Don'tcha love those cool Primas?? They're Artsy Flower Mini Tin Mums by Prima Flowers. I made the square windows using Sizzix Movers and Shapers Window Panes XL die. The sentiment is from SU's Note of Thanks kit. Oh...and the paper piecing is the 3 little flowers on the Kraft panel. They are from SU Eastern Blooms set stamped onto some scrap BG paper. This DDC Card is for the challenge that Michele (aka Stop and Stamp the Roses) hosted. Michele's challenge was to use sponging on your card, and include 2 different ribbons and hardware of some kind. I used Basic Grey Glazed Brads -- I am so obsessed with those brads, they make me happy. I own so many!!!). They are from the Lime Rickey collection. Does anyone out there have any idea what the heck a "Rickey" is??? To corner punch this card, I used my new WeRMemoryKeepers Chomper that I got at the Arlington Scrapbook Convention this weekend. It's a combo 1/2" and 1/4" corner punch. Wonderful tool, punches so smoothly and effortlessly and you can see exactly where you're punching. Punches thick stuff (chipboard, acrylic, multiple sheets of CS) and thin (which the more expensive Zutter corner punch does not!). I love love love it. A great tool to add to your arsenal if you haven't already!! They run about $17.00 -- shop around and you'll find a good deal! If you want to join in ANY of the DDC challenges, please feel free to do so!! We'd love to see your cards. Just upload to SCS using keyword DDC and leave a comment letting me know so I can alert the other DDC gals!! We wanna leave you some luv!!! I also did a Belli Challenge card for next Wednesday's post -- so please stop by to see that one later this week. Thanks for checking in!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, Anne, I love your card with the ric-rac flower stems...what a clever idea and one I just might have to borrow! Great job with catching up...I can understand how you feel!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh my goodness, sweet and talented Anne! Look at you rockin' each and every one of the challenges. Your creativity with the newspaper flowers is terrific, and all the piecing and piercing wonderful! They are all so beautiful! I am ashamed that I made such a smelly card after viewing all of your beautiful ones. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow , stunning creations. hugs rachxx

Dawn said...

awesome, awesome cards Anne!! I'd so like to be you when I grow up!! and...NOW I gotta have one of those chomper thingamabobs!! cool!!

hey, I knew you'd enjoy that llama post! one of these days I'll get the whole spinning process recorded too!

Chrissy D said...

STUNNING!!!! I love this - you are so talented girl. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Julia Aston said...

Wow! what a stamping spree Anne! sometimes when you take a whole day you really get into your groove and you sure did! love the newspaper flowers! great job getting all the DDC's done!

JulieA said...

Oh wow, wow, wow!!!!! Girl, you've been buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy! What fun and gorgeous cards. I love the way you included the newsprint into your card. That's so very clever! And I have to be jealous that you have the 4 pane window movers & shapers. I love the way you used the eastern blooms flowers. Cuteness! Now...that new tool of yours...uh, I guess I'll have to go look for one. :-D You rock!