Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fathers Day Card and the IC Challenge!

Hi there!! The Inspiration Challenge has been posted for the week and the website to draw inspiration from is Design Dazzle ! Much to see there so you should check it out!! I chose the "March Room of the Month" as my inspiration. I was looking for masculine colors to inspire a Father's Day card and really liked the blues and browns found in the Room of the Month room. I used "For Father", "Wonderful Favorites", and "Park Avenue Patterns" stamp sets - all by SU - to create this card. The toolbox image from the SU "For Father" set is colored with copics. The scallop shape of the card was made with a Sizzix XL die that I just bought from the Grapevine TX All American Scrapbook Convention that I went to on Thursday. The "To My" and "Father" have brad accents attached to them and the little acrylic tag hosting the word "Father" is a Heidi Swap Ghost embellishment (also purchased from the stamp convention yesterday!). Metal accents are by We R Memory Keepers. Polka dotted paper is DCWV. Thanks so much for checking in!!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cool card, I love your coloring & shading; the whole card is quite unique and fun!

Susan said...

what a wonderfully done theme card, Anne! I love the different patterned paper and your coloring is superb! great heavy metal, too!!!!

Have a super cool weekend!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love this wallet shaped card Anne - what a fun father's day card with the tool box and I love those brad clips you used - great scalloped edges!

JulieA said...

Ok, apparently I'm not getting the notices that you've blogged again. This is so cute! I love what you've done here! And I love the scallop shaped card!!!!! (oh, BTW, gorgeous coloring, as usual!)