Friday, March 6, 2009

Party Dress!

Supplies used -- Paper: Wallpaper pattern book, SU Rose Red, Lavender Lace, Whisper White. Ink: Versafine Black Onyx. Accessories: Acrylic jewels, faux pearl string, 5/8" orange satin ribbon. Tools: Cuttlebug Border Embossing Folders, SU Scallop, 1", and 3/4" punches. Fiskars Border punch.
I saw this Sugar and Spice Dress Card template in the March/April 09 Paper Crafts magazine and thought the cards were adorable. Fortunately, I just happened to need a little girl's birthday card in the very near future so I downloaded the pattern and made this card. <-- I have this massive wallpaper samples book called "Watch Me Grow" with wonderful patterns for kids and teens, so I flipped through it and picked out this cute inch worm and dragon fly pattern to use:
After printing out the dress template, I used an exacto knife to trim the dress out of the template and placed the negative over the wallpaper to determine which part of the wallpaper pattern I wanted to use. Then I just traced the dress pattern on the spot I chose and cut it out.
Next I placed the cut out part of the dress template (the positive piece) on a folded 4-1/2" x 11" piece of Regal Rose CS that was scored at 5-1/2". The shoulders of the dress pattern were positioned on the fold of the CS. I traced around it to create the base of the card, then cut it out being careful to leave the shoulders at the fold in tact. After that was the fun part -- picking out how to embellish and make it purdy!! I used some scrap cardstock that matched the pattern to make a "lace" border across the waist and punched a collar using the SU Scallop punch. Added some bling and ribbon, then stamped a tag to dangle from the ribbon . This was really fun and easy! I suspect I'll be posting a few more of these soon! ;) Thanks for checking in!!

6 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What funny card!

Lisa Klingbeil said...

This is TOO adorable, thanks for sharing. Timing is perfect, I need to make a little girl card today!

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! Cute!!

Unknown said...

OMG this is adorable! I really must try these dresses sometime LOL

Unknown said...

OMG this is adorable! I really must try these dresses sometime LOL

Julia Aston said...

How adorable Anne! I saw that cute dress card too in the mag - the wallpaper worked perfectly on this - what a fun image!!! bet this was a SUPER hit at the party!!