Monday, February 16, 2009

One of These Things is Not Like the Others!

Supplies Used - SU Cheap Talk, bling from HL, SU Patterns Pack Designer Series Paper II
This was created based on some of those cute cards I've been seeing where there are just rows of butterflies and nothing else. I somehow stumbled across a new challenge on a new blog called "The Pink Elephant" blog and the challenge this week is to add bling to something! So the birds have bling! (I am always amazed at the never ending blog world out there, I just love it!!) Go check this one out girls!! I used the SU Cheap Talk set, just the small bird and stamped it on the back of 6 different scraps of the DP from SUs Patterns Pack and cut them out. Used dimensional foam to pop them up and put them each in their own little scored square. Super duper easy. But somehow, aside from their different patterns, one lost his feet, and I didn't even notice until I finished the card. I thought it was kinda cute...and now this card reminds me of that intro song from Electric Company (if you have to ask, it was way before your time!) that goes "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is "kinda" the same, can you guess which one is not like the others, now it's time to play our game!". Have a great stamping week!

11 comments:

JulieA said...

What a fun idea, Anne! I love it. And a great way to get use up those DP scraps that we just can't throw away. TFS GF!

Jules said...

This is adorable!

Robin said...

What a great card...but you now have me singing that song!! lol
I am so glad you stumbled onto our new blog. Thanks so much for joining us at TPE. We really appreciate it!
Robin

LORi said...

How Cute!! I love it Anne!!

The Pink Elephant said...

Your card is adorable!! Thanks for joining us at TPE Anne!!

HUGS,
Ella

Unknown said...

Oh, wow, Ann! I love your card! It's very striking!

Carol said...

Anne, i love your little birdies! Aren't we glad you 'stumbled' upon us, thanks for playing at TPE this week :)

Hugs
Carol x

Annie said...

Wow really glad you stumbled upon us at The Pink Elephant. I love your card - even the accident with the birds feet is a happy one. It adds to it.
I love the 'rows' theme and my brain is already in overdrive thinking how I can do a version of this idea.
Great card - hope you'll play at the Pink Elephant again in the future.

Ann xxx

Sylvia Blum said...

Awwww..... how cute is that?! I love your birdies and card is just gorgeous!!!!

Angela said...

Wow, great card, love those birdies, and what a cute way to finish them off adding the bling...

Joan Ervin said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I just love that set and can't wait to order it next week!!! Your little birds are precious abd ya know, I wouldn't have noticed the accident....you are too funny, gf!!!