Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Card for Mr. Bogey

Supplies Used - Paper: SU White, Choc Chip, So Safron, Patterns Pack DP Series II. Ink: SU Choc Chip, Versafine Black, Copics. Stamps: SU Echos of Kindness. Accessories: Nestabilities Petite Ovals, SU Sizzlits Lots of Tags, Sizzix Texture Plates Kit #4
Our friends lost their beloved dog and companion this week to cancer: Mr. Bogie. He was as much a part of their family as any child. I know that this will be a difficult time for them. This is the card I made for them. My card was inspired by this week's Featured Stamper over on SCS; Julie Lacey -- see her gallery here! Every card in there is pristine, perfect color combos, perfect sketches, just beautifully done. What a wonderful collection to choose from! This is her card that I chose to CASE. It's probably easier to say what I didn't change just because she has such lovely details that I couldn't replicate. I kept the layout and used the Petite Oval Nestibilities like she did. Everything else is a variation of what you see here. Happy Stamping everyone!

3 comments:

Susan said...

what a beautiful fur baby, I'm sure your card will be a comfort to your friends, Anne.

I'm with you on Julie's cases today...so easy with her beautiful touch! Your card is no exception

JulieA said...

Very pretty Anne. I'm sure your friends will really appreciate your thoughtfulness here.

Joan Ervin said...

Such beautiful cards, Anne....awesome colors,papers,and stamps!! I'm so sorry about your friend's furry friend...I know they will appreciate your lovely card!!!