Friday, November 18, 2016

Three Tim Holtz Birthday Cards


Hi Friends,

Disclaimer!  I'll start off by saying this post has been sitting as a "Draft" in my "Publish" file for almost 2 years - and I don't know why!  So yah, they're older stamp sets and maybe not so inspiring any more since they are so "last year" lol!!  I truly have no idea why I didn't publish it -- but anyways, here goes...

Its birthday time around here and it's the time of year when it's "boy" birthdays for several weeks -- so I'm stressing about the masculine style birthday cards I have to make.  Tim Holtz to the rescue, no one else does it better!

The first card displayed uses the cupcake from Tim's "Birthday Blueprint" set.  I stamped the design onto a sheet from TH "Destinations" paper and then stamped the cupcake again onto some Basic Grey paper scraps. I cut away the cupcake and candle pieced it onto the background. Some strips of paper confetti and words from the stamp set were added to the layout with metal brackets and brads to complete the card.


Next, from the same TH stamp set, I followed the same technique using Authentique "Celebrate" 6x6 paper pad and layered it onto white, black, then Kraft cardstock.  The metal "wish" sentiment is by "Momenta".  



Here you can see where I popped up some of the paper pieces to add dimension.  I also added Crystal Effects to the candle flame.





This last card is from the same Tim Holtz "Birthday Blueprint" set, using the same papers as the cupcake above, but I used the "Present" image and paper pieced the bow.  So easy to do, and hopefully not so frilly that I can give it to a "boy" and he won't cringe!  LOL!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!  Have a Blessed Week!!
Anne


3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hey, my friend! I just had to pop over and see what you've been up to! I've scrolled down through your feed...and girl, your coloring knocks my socks off. I can do many things...but I am so not a colorer. Very impressive! I love this trio from Tim. As always, your eye for cohesive and pleasing design is wonderful. Sending you a big hug!

Julia Aston said...

Hi Anne! Great b'day cards with Tim's blueprint stamps! How are you and why aren't you posting??!!! Julia xx

Lily Allen said...


Awesome post.Thanks for sharing
clipping path service