Saturday, September 21, 2013

Accordian Card


Hi Friends,

I love the Karen Burniston "Accordion Flip 3-D" die!  I was playing with it and just quickly threw this together - yes - quickly - with scrap papers and embellishments that I had not put away from previous projects.  (You can tell because the colors are not very coordinated and the theme is a mish-mash of different findings!)  But it's one of my favorites that I've made recently so I photographed it to share with you.

Here's some close ups:

The silver embellishments are all die cut from aluminum baking tins from the Dollar Store!

Stacked some flat Prima flowers from a Prima Artistry Flowers collection

Another aluminum tin piece that I die cut with a Spellbinders die.

The paper banner is a Simon Says Die and coordinating stamp set
The main frame part is designed to go together with another Sizzix die, which at the time I made this I did not have, so I used Spellbinders Labels Two Nestabilities as a layering panel.  I distressed all the edges and stamped a variety of background stamps on each before adding my embellishments. 
Front / unopened

If you're wondering, when you close the whole thing to send, it is about 1" thick, it's not something you can send in an envelope!  It's either going to have to be hand-delivered or put in a box as part of the gift! 


TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
 

3 comments:

Karin Heiloo said...

Love this card, and all your other creations !!!
I am following you now :)))))

Bye bye
Karin from Holland
www.karinshobby.blogspot.com

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Hi Anne! I love the new accordian.., and the idea of using the aluminum pie plates from the dollar store is awesome. I'm off to get some. Love to you!

Tina said...

Anne - I love this, every panel is another mini creation. And the idea to die cut the pans for the silver pieces, too cool! Hugs! Tina