Friday, September 7, 2012

French Bird

Hi Friends!

Posting my card for the Inspiration Challenge this weekend.  I'm filling in for Stephanie as host, and so I chose the "French Garden House" website for the challenge this week.

My inspiration piece is this awesome antique 1870s "French Bird Faience" plate. Love.

I used my amazing Fiskars Fuse letterpress system to make this card.  EEEEK!!  (The Fuse was a BD gift from DH.  Can you say "spoiled"??!!) Total surprise, I didn't even drop a single hint!

I inked up my letterpress plate (the round scalloped "Thank You" one that comes with the machine) with SU Island Indigo Ink, ran it through the Fuse and it pressed, stamped, and diecut the card all in one pass.

I added some stamped toile leaves from the retired SU "Toile Blossoms" set and a few "Stream" colored Adirondack Demensional Pearls to complete the design.

Minutes from start to finish!  Happy Anne!!
TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

3 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

very lovely card ! love the shape and the colors ! great stamp
greetings, martina
x

Mary Marsh said...

this is so beautiful Anne-loved it when I saw it in the IC gallery-the new machine sounds great-have to check it out

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful!! I haven't seen any projects from the new Fiskars machine and this is wonderful. Now I'll have to check out the new machine :-)