Friday, August 24, 2012

God is Love Card

Stamps used: SU "Trust God", Hero Arts "Ascent", Penny Black "Three Ferns"
Happy Weekend Everyone!

Tonight I'm hosting the Inspiration Challenge on SCS.  The site I chose is "Wind & Weather" and I can't remember at all how I came across this web store!  Anyhow, there were lots of objects that set off creative sparks so I chose it for the challenge.




The item that I chose as my inspiration piece was a set of framed art called "Floralscale".  I'm a sucker for neutrals so once I saw it, I had to try to capture it.








I created the background by sponging several different TH distress inks (ala Darlene Devries -- I love her videos!) onto a white CS panel. I used a SU wheel (sorry, don't know the name - boo) to get the dark splotches across the top and bottom. Next I stamped a fern image in Versamark and used white embossing powder, then stamped my floral image with black ink.



To create the blue flowers scattered across the bottom, I decided to use some dimensional ink to ensure it stayed on top of the layers of ink that were already laid down. I found a stamp that had a branch of small blossoms on it and squeezed a little bit of Viva Pearl Pen in "Bronze" and Adirondack Dimensional Pearls in "Stream" directly onto the stamp.




Then I just stamped it gently onto the panel, over all my inking, and lifted straight up to get a little dimension with the paints. 







I waited until the dimensional paint was dried, then went ahead and layered my panels.  Finally, I attached an acetate piece over the top of the inked panel, stamped my sentiment with StazOn onto the acetate and added a little butterfly.

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

 

3 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

wow ! this is one fab card ! lovely colors, great sketch !!! love it
greetings from belgium
martina
x

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love everything about it. How creative to use Liquid Pearls directly on your stamps too. I'll have to try that.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Oh my,Anne-Stunning! How did I miss this on SCS!?! Glad I hopped over to see what you've been up to. I love this!!