Friday, March 2, 2012

A Boy Card!


Hi Friends!

This month I'm working on boy cards - a wide spectrum of ages from not-really-"boys" any more (i.e. HS and college teens) to over the hill 50+ geezers LOL!  Egads!! What am I saying, I'm over 50!!

I created this Star card by casing a card by Lynn Mangan from the March 2012 Cards mag.  The sketch and color scheme are pretty much the same, as the published version, so it was hard to go wrong!  I used SU punches, Basic Grey DP, Recollections bling, AC buttons and the sentiment is SU.
Stamped image is "Floral" by Rubbernecker stamps. Sentiment by SU!

This next card is super simple for the IC this weekend.  The inspiration website is "Superfine Bakery" and I chose this cake as my inspiration piece.  I used SU Markers direct-to-rubber onto glossy.  Added 3 rhinestones and the sentiment and I was good to go!  I stamped the envelope with the residual ink still left on the stamp, just a couple of huffs on it and it made a very nice ghost impression on the envy.

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!
 

3 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both look great. I really like the marker to rubber one - great colors and a wonderful CAS card.

Julia Aston said...

Two beauties Anne! love all the stars and flourish gems on the first - and the coloring on your leaves is gorgeous on the inspired card@

Julia Aston said...

Two beauties Anne! love all the stars and flourish gems on the first - and the coloring on your leaves is gorgeous on the inspired card@