Friday, October 28, 2011

Retro Style Christmas Cards

Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo Winter Silhouettes, Penny Black Cardinals.  DP:  Basic Grey Nordic Holiday

 Hi Friends,

I made these cards for the IC this weekend.  I get to host again so the website I chose was "Blue Carrot Shop".  I'm drawn to retro pieces these days so I loved wondering around this website.


I chose this "Ezee-Up ChristmasTree Stand" for my inspiration.  The colors are great for Christmas cards, so I made a quick set using some sample papers Fran (Frantic Stamper) sent me and a Christmas stamp set I picked up after the season last year.


Here's close-up photos of each of the cards in the set.  The pearl and jewel embellishments (and the crocheted rosette) are from one sheet of Prima "Say it in Crystals" cut up and divided between three of the cards -- they are an amazing value when you can buy one and make it work on 3 cards!  One of the cards is using part of a another set of the same type of Primas that I had used on a different project.




 
Have a great week everyone!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Oh my word ... these are absolutely magical ... I adore them ... you really captured the feel of the vintage design.

shirley@sguzzi.com said...

These are gorgeous! are the bottom 2 colors layers of paper?

Anne Temple said...

Love how you used your inspiration piece to make these cards. They are wonderful.

Alexandra said...

Thank you so much Anne, for choosing Blue Carrot Shop as an inspiration for your beautiful cards!