Friday, January 7, 2011

Pressed Hearts


Hi everyone!

Made this for a couple of challenges over on SCS today:  Use Twine; and Use Pink, Purple, and hearts on your card.


I started with a 4-1/4" square mauve CS panel and created a window in it using a square Nesti. Next I punched hearts and leaves from CS scraps and glued them randomly onto my square around the window. I ran the whole thing through my Big Shot using the Square Lattice EF from SU! to press in the hearts and leaves.




To make the black border inside the window, I cut a 3x3" square of black CS, and used the next smaller sized square Nesti to cut out a window in the black square.  I Adhered that to the back of frame.






Next I selected my image from Inkadinkadoo's "Animal Hearts" set, stamped it in Versafine Onyx black ink and colored it with Copics.  I Layered the colored image onto the back side of my window frame. 

 Finally, I cut a 4-1/2" square panel and adhered it onto the back to create the bottom layer.  I wrapped pink Waxy Flax twine around the bottom and sewed a button onto one of the hearts  with more twine.


TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

1 comment:

Piali said...

Fab Card Anne!!!
Love it! TFS!