Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hugs and Prayers Poppies

I was inspired by today's IC over on Splitcoast -- Cost Plus World Market.  I know the store well so I was looking forward to choosing something to work with!  Not an easy task, everything in there looks pretty enough to be a card!

I finally chose these Shirley Novak "Amapola, Barcelona" prints - at first for the colors that popped out at me, and then because they reminded me of Nina Brackett's wonderful "Hugs and Prayers" stamp set that I got at Gina K. Designs! Yay!!  I love this set -- there's so many images and sentiments included in it that they all barely fit on the landing card that comes with it for storage. 




I prepared a pallet for the flowers using So Saffron ink sponged onto a Nestie rectangle shaped layer.  I colored the solid group of poppies from the set, direct to rubber, with SU Markers and stamped it onto the rectangle layer.  I stamped my sentiment over the poppies and layered the image with black, white, and So Saffron mats.  I popped up the image with dimensionals and added a cream colored bow to finish.

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

No comments: