Saturday, August 28, 2010

VSN Weekend!

It's been forever since I joined in one of the VSNs over on Splitcoast.  So I was excited to get home from work today to start the weekend with some crafting!!  Woot!!



A fun challenge to kick off was Judi's "Summertime Foods We Love" challenge.  I went with "ice cream" as a Summertime fav and the cute little Denami Designs image.  Colored it in with Copics, added Stickles to the cherry and cone, and Crystal Lacquer to the scoops!  The sentiment is a Basic Grey rub-on.





This window box was for the 2nd VSN challenge -- Summer Breeze:  "Use a window as a style element or focal point."  So I made a window box using a Bigz Shaker Box Sizzix die and SEI Dill Blossom DP.  Punched a SU Scallop circle and snipped the petals, folded it in half and sponged the edges with a little brown ink.  I punched an oval and cut it in half and glued it to the back of the folded flower so it poked out just a tad.  I doodled the center of the flower and then bent the petals up a little for dimension.  I adhered the flower to the layered square then drew a stem coming out from the bottom.  Viola!


TFL!

p.s.  There's more to see on [url=http://www.everlastingink.blogspot.com/][color=mediumslateblue]my blog![/color][/url] Come visit!



TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!

martina said...

Hi Anne,
the honeur is totally on my side ! thanks for becoming my follower, I'm in your list too now !
Great cards you make, love the laptop one !! Never saw this one !
Hear you soon,
greetings, from Belgium
Martina
x

Joanne Travis said...

Oh Anne, your work is always so lovely!! I especially love that litle ice cream cone. Eek!! How cute is that!!!

JulieA said...

Wonderful projects, Anne! Love them both. I especially love that window box...gorgeous!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Don't ya just love those adorable Denami stamps...this is sooo cute, Anne, and your window box is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

..::Paulina::.. said...

The Ice Cream Chickies card is so adorable! I love the added touch of Crystal Lacquer!

We would LOVE for you to join us in the DeNami blog hop featuring Cuddly Critters. All the info can be found here:
http://denami.blogspot.com/2010/08/september-blog-hop-details.html