Saturday, August 28, 2010

VSN Weekend!

It's been forever since I joined in one of the VSNs over on Splitcoast.  So I was excited to get home from work today to start the weekend with some crafting!!  Woot!!



A fun challenge to kick off was Judi's "Summertime Foods We Love" challenge.  I went with "ice cream" as a Summertime fav and the cute little Denami Designs image.  Colored it in with Copics, added Stickles to the cherry and cone, and Crystal Lacquer to the scoops!  The sentiment is a Basic Grey rub-on.





This window box was for the 2nd VSN challenge -- Summer Breeze:  "Use a window as a style element or focal point."  So I made a window box using a Bigz Shaker Box Sizzix die and SEI Dill Blossom DP.  Punched a SU Scallop circle and snipped the petals, folded it in half and sponged the edges with a little brown ink.  I punched an oval and cut it in half and glued it to the back of the folded flower so it poked out just a tad.  I doodled the center of the flower and then bent the petals up a little for dimension.  I adhered the flower to the layered square then drew a stem coming out from the bottom.  Viola!


TFL!

p.s.  There's more to see on [url=http://www.everlastingink.blogspot.com/][color=mediumslateblue]my blog![/color][/url] Come visit!



TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!

Martina's kaartjes said...

Hi Anne,
the honeur is totally on my side ! thanks for becoming my follower, I'm in your list too now !
Great cards you make, love the laptop one !! Never saw this one !
Hear you soon,
greetings, from Belgium
Martina
x

Joanne Travis said...

Oh Anne, your work is always so lovely!! I especially love that litle ice cream cone. Eek!! How cute is that!!!

JulieA said...

Wonderful projects, Anne! Love them both. I especially love that window box...gorgeous!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Don't ya just love those adorable Denami stamps...this is sooo cute, Anne, and your window box is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

Paulina said...

The Ice Cream Chickies card is so adorable! I love the added touch of Crystal Lacquer!

We would LOVE for you to join us in the DeNami blog hop featuring Cuddly Critters. All the info can be found here:
http://denami.blogspot.com/2010/08/september-blog-hop-details.html