100th Challenge "Color Throwdown" I was determined to use my new "Tweet Summertime" birdhouse image by Impression Obsession that I got from Frantic Stamper (see this link) -- no matter what the colors were!
And then I saw the colors... a red, pink, light blue and light green combination. This totally threw me. But, as I dove in, it started to work a little...
I totally blended and blended and blended using my copics so the colors would appear somewhat "wood-ish, rustic-ish" realistic on the birdhouses! (Confession: I did use a teeny bit of really light brown on the stand some.) The hard part was that the image has a sunflower coming out the back -- and since there was no yellow in the pallet, I decided to bring out the flower making tools.
I punched a couple of 3/4" circles from red and blue, then snipped them up to make petals. Dumped a big ole' jeweled rhinestone in the center and there was my "sunflower"! After that, it all looked unbalanced to me, I knew it needed more texture, so out came the deep pink Flower Soft, and that sort of worked out I think.
I added some more textured to the bottom of the white and red layers with 2 different Cuttlebug folders (those thin 3/4" x 4-1/4" strip-style folders), tied it up with a velvet bow and layered all the colors together.
TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!