Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sunflower Card


I had planned all week that I was finally going to take out the Heartfelt Creation stamps this weekend that I bought back in January at CHA to go with my new (at the time!) Nesties.  Now six months later, they're not so new!! LOL!!



First, I needed inspiration, so I checked out this week's IC that Stephanie hosted over on SCS The Bicycle Muse, and I found the perfect starting point, this "Kitsch Kitchen Pannier" bag that I don't have any idea what it's for except maybe a cool lunch box??!!  But it had great sunflower colors to go with!!

Second, I checked out some other blog challenges and noticed this week's Etsy Inspired challenge was featuring The Sand Box Studio, which had many sunflower inspired art pieces!!  Perfect!!  I went with the coolio "Sunny Sunflower Box" for reasons that should be apparent by the time I'm done with this post!  :)




Here's what I started with:  Nestibilities Blossom 2 dies, Heartfelt Creations Aztec Gold Sunflowers, Versafine Onyx Black ink, SU markers and Yo Yo Yellow CS.  I stamped two of each size sunflower on the yellow CS, then used the matching sized Nestie die to cut them out.  I colored the edges of the petals with Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and More Mustard markers.  Could not be easier!!

 


Snipped in between each petal to make for easy shaping.




Working on a piercing mat (so there's plenty of "give"), I turned each flower over and "stirred" it up with my flower shaping tool (found here from Frantic Stamper!)





 

 After the flower "bowled" up, I turned it back over, pushed it down just in the center.






 Stirred it up in the center a bit more to get a good, shallow center....



(just because I like it to look real dimensional in there!).










Then curled up the petal tips just a bit.







I cut out a couple of leaves from Old Olive CS and added randomly scored vein lines, then sponged them in green and aqua.






Then I layered, assembled and glued everything together...





And we're done!!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Yikes Anne! gorgeous flowers!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super wowness!!!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I just love all the dimension you have the flowers!! Great job with the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

de said...

OMG this is amazing! I love the 3D effect and thanks for the tutorial!

Thanks so much for playing EtsyInspired this week!

de said...

Anne, you won EIC this week! Check out the blog for details!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Stunning flowers- thanks for the demo.