Sunday, February 14, 2010

HVD and Weekend Cards!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone! Are these roses gorgeous or what?? I married a saint! I'm so lucky!! So here's the card I made for DH, Carl, along with a little 3x3 clear acetate box that I decorated (box is another find from CHA this year). You can find them Here at Denami Design! Really great gift-giving size! Fun and easy to decorate too! The card is a case of SparkleGirls card that I found on SCS last week! I love the soft blue and red together. Got to host the Inspiration Challenge this weekend on SCS! The website I chose to go to for inspiration was Geninne's Art Store. I chose this Flower Party collage print as my inspiration. I used several colors of scraps of Bazill textured CS and over-layed them on my base of Chocolate Chip CS. Used white rub-ons to create the flowers and sentiment. Filled in some of the white space with 3 coordinating brads and that was it! Super easy and versatile technique! Lastly for the weekend, I made this card for the Featured Stamper Challenge. This week's gallery belongs to Laurie (aka HamiltonGal on SCS). Lots of great work in her gallery, I wished I had time to make more!! I ended up choosing her Pink and Green Stripes card. Loved the layout and the fun stripes and dimension. I cased the layout and butterflies but changed out everything else to use supplies I had. Congratulations Laurie! TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

2 comments:

Corie said...

WOW -- all your cards are fantastic. And hubby did a great job with the flowers they are beautiful!!

Julia Aston said...

Yikes Anne - look at all these beautiful things - love your yellow roses and the gifts for DH are wonderful!