Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pearl Snowmen and Double Bow Cheating Tip!

Supplies: SU Textured CS in Blue Bayou, Soft Sky. Ink: SU Black, Blue Bayou (for sponging). Nestabilities, SU Pretties Kit, SU 5/8" DS ribbon, Martha Stewart Fern Punch
This is a little 3-1/2 by 4-3/4 sized card. The little snowman is made using graduating sized half-backed pearls from my SU Pretties kit. I punched a MS Fern from dark brown paper and snipped off a couple of the branches to make the arms of the snowman. I drew on his hat with a .003 fine point marker. Added the bow and a sentiment tag and adhered all the layers to a cuttlebug embossed snowflake base. Originally the bow was floppy and too big for the card, I didn't like it at all. I played around with it some and indented each of the loops so I could see what it would look like with shorter loops. The way I had indented it ended up making it appear to be a double bow. So I ran my ATG tape gun down the folds of the indents and it now is a faux double bow! The result uses far less ribbon than a normal double bow and it's easier to manipulate. TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, what neat card..love the pearl idea.. and that bow... wonderful idea.
this is just really sweet!
Hope your staying warm....
Hugs
Judy
SCS~jaydekay

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh you clever girl!! I love how your bow came out..thanks for the tip!! Your card is adorable using the pearls for the snowman. I use the punch for twig arms all the time...too tedious to cut them any other way. Great colors on this card. TFS!!!

SmilynStef said...

How stinkin' cute is that little snowman ... ♥ it.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

This is just too cute, Anne! What a great way to use those pearls and that bow is terrific - great tip!

JulieA said...

Oh, I love that idea for the snowman!!!!! Super cute!