Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pick Your Tree

Supplies: Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes ; BG Figgy Pudding, DSWV Red Toile Stax, AC Gold Foil Specialty paper, Bravo Burgandy, More Mustard ; SU Ornament punch, Dress It Up Holiday Collection button (Noel), gold wire ribbon, Krylon Gold Leafing pen, Cuttlebug EF, mini bell embellishment
This card is for this week's Inspiration Challenge over on SCS, I chose this "Pick Your Tree" necklace from the fun Etsy Store of Lorelie Kay Designs! I recognized the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding DP and thought this would be easy peasy!! The piece inspired me to make a shaker card, which as you can see, did not happen!! I spent my first hour-and-a-half trying to make the shaker piece. The shaker pieces are now in the trash and the ornaments on this card have taken it's place!! The ornaments are punched out of the Figgy Pudding DP with Stampin Up's Ornament punch. I ran the Gold Leafing Krylon pen around the edges of the ornaments and added a wire ribbon. Punched just a tad bit of gold foil paper and glued it onto the top of the ornament to simulate the ornment's clasp. I photographed the card and decided it really needed a little hangy thing off of the word "Noel" so I then spent another 30 minutes trying to find the perfect hangy thing. What an ordeal!! So much for "easy peasy"!! LOL!! TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Hi Anne,
you made beautiful card. I love these colors.
Hugs

Beverly said...

This is gorgeous Anne... I just had to come here and tell you too. I love the close-up picks..
Hope you are well.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Your 'easy peasy' 3 hour card is just lovely! I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers through so many trials and tribulations to make what I thought would be an easy card!! Great job with the challenge!

Julia Aston said...

Great inspired card! I love those tree ornaments Anne!

Joan Ervin said...

How do you do it, Anne...each and every card you make is over the top gorgeous...this is no exception!!!! I sooo love the papers you used and the ornaments are beautiful!!!! The little hangy downy thingy off the sentiment is perfect, too...the 30 minutes you spent looking for it were well spent...LOL!!!

JulieA said...

That's beautiful! I love the tree DSP on the ornaments. You've really caught the necklace in this card!