Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flawed with Love

With this card, I am officially caught up again!!! This is for two Doubledog Dare Challenges! But before I go on, there is a reason I haven't posted this, and now I've run out of time so I'm just gonna hafta go for it!! I messed up on the sentiment. It should say " The older we get, the more we should accessorize" and then on the inside it should say "or is that exercise?". But- I accidentally left off the word "Should" in the "Should Accesorize" stamping. I messed up because I was using my Stampa Ma Jig and didn't use all the words in the right order. I know this isn't making any sense.... Anyhow, this "is what it is", major sentiment flaw and all!! This card is intended for Anne Harmon's (aka Inking in Red) DDC challenge to create a card that is "Out of the Box" technique and Joan Ervin's DDC challenge celebrating Girls!! How fun is that?? My pal Bev, aka Beestamper, inspired me to buy (many) Inky Antics stamps which I love love love because of their wry sense of humor. So I'm thrilled to finally be able to use them on this combo challenge!! This lovely lady is Agnes. Cute as can be, so fashion forward with her orange purse, don't you think?? I paper pieced her dress and the ribbon on her hat with SU's Thoroughly Modern paper and colored in the rest with Copics. I layered her onto the Sizzix Top Note die cut. The sentiment is by Inky Antics. I had to Stampa-ma-jig it to fit on the side, and as a result, the horrid flaw!! TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

6 comments:

JulieA said...

Anne, it's GREAT, even with the "flaw", which we didn't know about until you told us! :-D What a delightful card. I love the big hat and flowers in the corner!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my word, girlfriend...Agnes is one FABULOUS chick!!!!! Fashion forward describes her perfectly...gotta love that hat and her orange purse is da bomb!!!!! Thanks for the giggle, Anne...you sure do know how to brighten this old girls day!!!!!!

Beverly said...

oooo.. I love it! It isn't a flaw, it's art!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Anne, you are just too cute. I got such a giggle out of your "flaw." Agnes should be made Chief of the Fashion Police; man, is she stylin' or what? Darling card!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful and funny card! I love it!
Anne, I have the award for you at my blog.
Hugs

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh - I burst out laughing when I saw this DiVA with her flamboyant hat Anne! and I didn't even notice anything missing from the sentiment - it works as it stands as far as I can see!!!