Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Do You Hang Your Charms??

This is cased from the gallery of today's Featured Stamper over on SCS -- Joanne (aka Jojot). I love her style, her card sketches and coloring are so clean and easy on the eye. Her gallery is amazing! I chose to CASE her "Garden Borders" card. I kept to her layout and color scheme and even added a charm; but everything else is changed. There's no way I could recreate that fabulous border so I sort of just faked it with a Fiskars border punch and Martha's Loopy Corner punch (I used the negative of the loopy punch). I used a stamp I have that I had never used until today -- "Mod Garden" by Judikins s (side note to Joan Ervin -- do you remember this one??!!) and a bird image from Birds Galore by Inkadinkado. The ribbon is a scrap that I had, I can't believe I don't have black ribbon. Hmmm. Do I need to go to Michael's??? While I was adding the charm to the ribbon, I wondered what other methods people use to hang their charms on their cards?? I used to struggle with that task until I came across a spool of this stretchy clear cord that I don't know why I have or where I got it from! It's strong enough to be threaded through the ribbon knots and buttons and other small holes when I need to hang something but don't want it visible. And it's stretchy, so once you've knotted it, it stays tight. You, of course, can see it if you're looking for it (like here in this photo -- click on the photo to see it up close); but otherwise, it works pretty well. What do you all do?? How do you hang your charms?? Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! I'm so glad you stopped by!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Thanks for the charm tip ... I usually use jump rings and always have a heck of a time getting them through the knot and closed again. I'll have to check this out.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Strikingly pretty, Anne! Thanks for the tip on how you hang your charms. I rarely use charms because I've always had a dickens of a time trying to figure out a method that isn't too bulky.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hi Anne! What a lovely card. I love that bird (I have it too), tghe ribbon and that little charm is too cute.

I strubggle with charms. I have hung them with cord or burlap string (both can be bought cheaply from my friend Heidi of Pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com). I have also clipped off the "hanger" thingy and glued them directly on the card in flower centers or corners or wherever!

Hugs,

P.S. When is the Christmas mini available? I have a small order to place but want to know if I should wait for the mini...

Joan Ervin said...

Your black and white card is soooo FABULOUS, Anne!!!! Every little detail is gorgeous!!!! Thanks for the tip about the stretch cording, too...ya know all those ladies rioting to find those punches...well, they will go crazy trying to find this stuff...snort!!!!