Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to School Theme -- Two Challenges


This week's Belli Challenge #73 and DDC (hosted by Joanne -- aka SleepyinSeattle) is to create a card, scrapbook page, or project with an apple or pencil to reflect a Back to School theme!! Wow, is it already gonna be Fall?! I'm so behind, I'm still excited that Summer is finally here!! LOL!! I don't have much in the way of Back to School stamping stuff since we're old empty nest-ers over here, no grands yet, so I called on my trusty Cricket to help me out. I cut a 5-1/2" Crayon Box in Pacific Point CS from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. By the time you assemble it, it's actually pretty teeny-tiny. Then I cut three 2-1/2" apples from the Home Accents Cartridge -- one in red, black, and yellow. I pulled apart the pieces and reassembled them to be arranged in the apple colors you see here. (Those little apple seeds were buggers!!) Lastly, I cut the little stem/leaf in green that is on the Shift button of the apple image -- fancy Cricut talk. The little notebook page is a stamp by Cofee Break Designs and the "Good Luck" is a clear stamp from Michael's $1.00 bin. Now it's your turn!! Play along with us, create a card or project using an apples and/or pencils with a Back to School Theme, and share your link using Mr Linky over on the Belli Blog. If you post to any online galleries, please use keyword CBC73 AND DDC so we can find it!! Be sure to check out the other Creative Belli girl's Blogs for other Back to School projects! See my sidebar for the team's links!!> TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

No comments: