Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Embossing Challenge!


Supplies used: SU Fifth Avenue Floral and Thoughts and Prayers stamp sets. Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, White CS. Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze ink. Soft Sky DS Ribbon, Simple Flower Embosslit, Texture Plates Kit #4, Fiskars border punch, large half-back faux pearl from SU Pretties kit.
Here's my Wednesday Belli Challenge post! This week Chris challenged us to use embossing on our cards. So this was a good opportunity to try out a couple of the new embossing gadgets from Stampin Up! I used the Simple Flower Embosslits die and the diamond design from the Textured Plates Kit #4. The Embosslits die is kinda cool because it cuts the shape at the same time it's embossing it. This is different (and easier!) than the Cuttlebug dies that come with coordinating folders so you can emboss them after you've cut them. The Textured Plates, on the other hand, don't emboss as deeply as the Cuttlebug folders. However, I tried spritzing the CS first with water before I ran it through my Big Shot (a tip I read on SCS) and I actually got a pretty decent impression. The Textured Plates aren't intended to emboss like the folders though, so I'm thinking these work as good as their supposed to. I like them a lot more than I thought I would! The Belli DT created more fun cards using embossing!! Check out the new Creative Belli Blog and see what the other gals did!! Join in the challenge by uploading your card to the Belli Blog website or posting to SCS! Be sure to use Keyword CBC63 when you post your card!! Thanks for checking in!!

7 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Well, girlfriend, this was sooo worth the wait....how GORGEOUS!!!!!
I love your awesome layout...it showcases the embossed layers perfectly!!! I love the 5th Ave set, too...sooo elegant and just look at that awesome ribbon treatment!!! I LOOOOVE this Anne!!! I think you need to come south for a little R&R.....bring all your stuff, too...heeeheeheehee!!!

JulieA said...

I love it! That 5th Ave stamp set is one of my fav's. I love the way you threaded the ribbon through the main image...how clever, GF! And your colors are gorgeous!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!

Joanne Travis said...

Anne, I love the beauty and elegance of your design. fabulous!! Hopefully I can get to this challenge, I am still recovering from our vacation.
Hope you are doing well!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fabulous card! The embossing challenge was right up your alley, GF!! The colors are gorgeous!!

Danita said...

Beautiful card Anne!!! Love the colors and the layout is awesome for this card!!! Awesome job with this challenge!!!

Danita

Chrissy D said...

This is STUNNING! Honestly, when I first saw those stamps and embossing, I didn't care for it, but the more I see them, the more I love them! Beautiful work, Anne! TFS!