Sunday, April 5, 2009

And it's Featured Stamper day over on SCS! Great gallery to check out this week: Julie aka JustWriteDesigns. I love galleries where the stamper shares cards made with sculpted flowers. Julie apparently has a nice collection of punches and a talent for placing them perfectly on her cards! I went through her whole gallery twice, so much good work in there! Anyhow, this is her card that I chose to CASE: Spider Mums. So Purdy, huh??!! I used the same composition and that is about all, but my card is totally inspired by hers even though it doesn't look like it!! I made my focal point ("faith") using my Cricut and the Home Accents cartridge. Then I die cut it using Lables 4 Nestibilities. Took the negative space and die cut it again so it was a larger "hole" than the cut out in the middle, this gives it an illusion of being framed. Then I set out to make my flowers. Wish I had that Medium Sun punch that she uses!! (I have the mini and large but not the Medium sized one.) Any how, I made daisys using MS Layering Daisy punch. Each flower is created by punching 3 of the Layering Daisys, stacking them and glueing together. Once dried, I stirred the center with the narrow end of a paint brush handle to get the petals to bow up, then curled the petal ends downward. I punched a bunch of tiny yellow suns and put them into the middle of the flowers. Next I needed a pot for the flowers but I don't have any punches like that. I did have a Sizzix die from 100 years ago so I used that and cut out the smaller of the 2 pots that come on that die. I glued the die cut onto SU Wasabi and trimmed around it to make a background layer for the pot. I then made some strips of paper and curled them and attached them to the back of the pot with more glue and this time I added dimensional tape. I adhered the whole thing to a Me and My Big Ideas DP sheet. Got all that?! Thanks for checking in!!

4 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card, Anne!
Your flowers are gorgeous!

JulieA said...

Wow, Anne, that was a lot of work, but it sure was worth it! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Everything about it is so amazing...I love it all!

Joan Ervin said...

This just blew me away when I saw it on SCS!!! I am in awe of your gorgeous flowers...when are you going to have a class??? Love how you did the sentiment, too!!! This is one gorgeous design, Anne!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love,love, love your flowers on this Anne! super duper do!!!