Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday IC - The Coolest Shelf!

Supplies Used: Ink -- Glorious Green. Paper: SU Green Galore, White. Embellishments: Ribbon by Dots and Dashes (from Mike's) and Acrylic Sentiment (unknown). Tools: Flower Punch Tool kit, Cuttle bug, Punch Bunch "Begonia Petal Punch", SU "Looks Like Spring" punch.
The Inspiration Challenge over on SCS today is featuring PB Teen (Pottery Barn Teen). I found so much I want to buy there...but I finally zeroed in on this fantastic shelf for my inspiration piece! I LOVE this thing! I just think it is so cool, the way it looks like a shadow box or window and yet the "portrait" can change everyday if you wanted, just by changing out what you put on your shelf! I showed it to DH and he promises he'll make me some. So I'm telling everyone about his promise so I can hold him to it!! Anyhow...the card...the card...So I focused on the poppies sitting on the shelf...because ... I wanted to use more of my new flower punches!! Hee hee...!! I started by punching petals out of Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock using this humong-o (I don't know how to spell that) Begonia Petals Punch from Punch Bunch. Next I punched several different smaller flowers out of Summer Sun to use as the centers of the flowers. I wasn't really sure how I was going to make the centers (you'll notice they're all different!) so I just tried them all. I did a little sponging with some brown chalk ink on the edges of all the yellow centers. Next I "stirred" the petals (a legit term in flower shaping girls!!) with my nifty flower punch crafting tool (see yesterday's post) to get the paper fibers to break down a little and the edges to curl. Assembled 5 of the petals together by attaching them with Zip Dry glue to the Summer Sun centers. Used a fine felt tip pen to add some black dots to the centers (after all, they are supposed to be poppies!). Next I used a Glorious Green marker to ink up just the stem part of one of the flowers from the new SU Echos of Kindness Hostess Set (which is really a lovely set BTW) and stamped it onto a panel of Green Galore. Used my Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder to emboss a white panel so there'd be some texture to the "frame" and finally, I finished it off with a little teeny acrylic sentiment and dotted ribbon. So, what do you think?? Thanks for checking in all! Sweet Dreams! Anne

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Lucky you to have a husband who can craft things ... I really do love that shelf. Fabulous card .. I love those life-like flower petals.

JulieA said...

Those are some gorgeous flowers, Anne, and I love the stem with it. Ok, we'll help you hold your DH to his promise...

Susan said...

thanks so much, Anne for your great tuts on the gorgeous flowers! Your card is stunning, and would look so great on a PB type shelf!!!!! hint, hint!

Mothermark said...

I musta missed this on SCS! Its precious! Love your happy flowers! Don't know how new your bog is but its looking good!

Happy Today!

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Anne....your flowers look sooo fabulous and I love the colors you used...so spring like!!! The ribbon and slide are the perfect finishing touch, too.....this is just soooo awesome!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love your beautiful flowers Anne! what a wonderful bouquet! super color choices!