Saturday, January 24, 2009

Peony Inspiration - Lang Calendars

Supplies Used -- Paper: Basic Grey Perifery, a scrap plaid piece, SU Black and Old Olive. Ink: SU Old Olive and Pixie Pink; Versafine Raspberry. Stamps: SU Pretty Peonies. Embellishments: Basic Grey Glazed Brads.
Hello All, Here's my card to kick off the weekend! I'm usually way past the IC by this time on Saturday morning (I like to stay up late and do them Friday night) but it just didn't happen last night and this morning we had to meet up with friends for awhile. So, I'm hoping the rest of the day is spent stamping and uploading!! Love the IC choices this week!! Check out the SCS post for it here. I chose the "Aston Peony" Planner Calendar for my inspiration piece. I pretty much cased the design as it was but added some dimension by popping the larger leaves and adding 3 Basic Grey Glazed Brads. Also added a popped dimensional petal to the center of the flower because I (gasp) flubbed it up and that is really a band aid in disguise!! Thanks for checking it out everyone!

3 comments:

JulieA said...

You'd never know it was a bandaid, Anne! Beautiful card. I love how you almost exactly duplicated it. (And I'm wishing that I had bought that Peony set!)

Susan said...

wow, Anne.....what an outstanding case! You nailed it down every which way!!!! And girl, do those popped images cover a multiude of boo-boos!!!

Always look forward to seeing where your muse has taken you...

Julia Aston said...

Achhhhh! this layered flower and leaves is just beautiful! wonderful colors - love the plaid DP - super card from your inspiration calendar!