Monday, November 10, 2008

Bleached Roses

It's so fun to be blogging again! Seems like forever, although it's only been a couple of weeks, and I guess in blogging time that is just like falling off the face of the earth. My apologies to anyone who checked in, in between now and the last time! But thank you oh so very kindly for checking again!! SMACK!!!
This card is for the Doubledog Dare Challenge due tomorrow night! Our sweetheart Doubledog host for the week is Francie G. (go check out her gallery ladies!!) who dared us to use the bleaching technique to create our card.
I stamped my "Rose Parade" stamp by Stamps Happen Inc. -- that I got on clearance (BTW) from HL, shout out to HL!! -- in versamark onto a SU Rose Red CS panel and embossed with SU Gold Detail Embossing Powder. Then used a teeny paint brush to bleach the roses, then colored in the leaves with these fabuloso gel pens that I got from Costco awhile back for a fabulous discounted price of $19.99...or something like that. (I was so excited about that buy!!) Cool set, huh?
Anyhow, I fussy cut (trimmed) the bottom half of the bleached roses, then adhered them to some Perifery Basic Grey DP and punched the top with the Martha Stuart lace punch that I swore I was not going to buy, ever, no way not me, I had self control. Oh well. Ahem, then I added some random decorative pink wire organdy ribbon from HL that I had, and there you have it!! Oh oh oh...stamped with "Wonderful Words" from SU... can't forget that!!
Thanks for checking it out everyone!! Sweet Dreams!!

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your roses are super-iffic Anne! I missed you!!! so glad you are back! this card is just gee-or-jus!! I love how you gold embossed and colored and bleached! wonderful card!

Joan Ervin said...

Hey, girlfriend....glad to see you back...you were missed big time!!! I just love your beautiful bleached roses...how gorgeous with the embossing and wonderful paper!!! What a fabo set of pens, too...such a great buy!!!