Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Made a Box!

Only a crafter would get excited about making a box. I showed it to DH but I could tell his "it's gorgeous dear" was driven out of loyal obedience!! The second time I showed it to him (what?? He deserved a 2nd chance, right?) he said "You showed me this already." GAWWW!! Well, anyways, maybe my blogging friends will appreciate it. . .

I used the template from the Resources section of SCS for the Origami Box. I cut a 9"x9" square for the bottom. For the box top, I cut a 9-1/2" x 9-1/2" square. I then proceeded to fold the pieces accoring to the instructions -- which are super simple. Before making the final fold, I stamped "Sister" and framed it with Silver Hodgepodge and brads and attached it to the box.
When it was done, I decided it just wasn't special enough...so I decided I wanted a flower on top. Might as well, I had all the paper out.
First thing I did was pull out 5 nested sizes of the Scalloped Circles Nestabilities, some matching scraps and cut 5 graduated scalloped disks. Then I snipped every other scallop on each of the circles down to the center (but not all the way across!) to make "petals".



Next, I curled the petals under just a tad. I used my Big Bite Cropadile to reach the center of the flowers to punch a hole in them (I just stacked them altogether and punched through all at one time). And finally, I cupped them up (I just made that term up right this minute!) a little so they would appear more dimensional.


Here it's what the flower looks like stacked and secured with a brad. I just poked a hole on the top of the box and attached the flower using the brad. (I cut another piece of DP 3x3" and placed it under the lid of the box so the brad legs would not be visible.)





Supplies Used: (All supplies SU except Nestabilities)
Paper: Le Jardin two-sided DP, Very Vanilla textured.
Stamps: Wonderful Favorites
Accessories: Nestabilites Classic Scallop Circles, Silver Hodgepodge, "Ice" Rhinestone Brads, Small Oval Punch

6 comments:

Jules said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

OMG! Anne, this is fabulous! I love the flowers on the top and the clean fresh look of the box. You GO GIRL!

Joan Ervin said...

Your box is gorgeous, Anne.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the flowers and the colors are gorgeous!!! Sooo when are you going to show me how to make those flowers?????

Julia Aston said...

What a terrific box Anne! I love your flower and the DP's you made it with - the curved edges are wonderful!!

Now what exciting thing is going inside this box for sister???!!!

Beverly said...

holy moo-cow! This is FABULOUS! Love the box and the flowers you made.. super! ps.. tag your it! I just tagged you over on my blog, check it out when you have time - there's no deadline for tags *wink*!! hahaha!

Susan said...

gorgeous, darling! I love your box and thanks for the awesome photos. You rocked this one