Friday, October 10, 2008

Envelopes

Supplies used: Pearlescent Swirl Envelopes by Paper Studio, Sizzix 10-Point Star die, Marco's Paper Red, Stickles, Ribbon from HL, plastic bells, SU All Holidays, Hollyberry Red Gold Empossing Powder by Moon Glow, Versamark Ink
This week my Doubledog Dare pal Anne (aka jdmommy) dared our group to come up with a card that had to do with an envelope. Hmmm, envelope. Envelope. All week I thought about how does one incorporate an envelope into a card. It finally dawned on me last night while falling asleep -- duh!! BAGalope!! One of my first-ever projects I learned when I first started stamping. I was so excited about that project, I still have prototypes that I saved from way back then. If you're interested in a pattern, here's the original one I used: Bagalope Instructions . I have since graduated to eyeballing the whole thing and so any imperfections are a result of my lazyness to pull out the pattern again!! I embellished it to make it a holiday gift bag by adding a poinsettia flower, some fab holiday ribbon and some plastic bells (Oh comeon!! Gawdy is totally "in" during the holidays!!).
See all the Doubledog Dare gang's projects here!

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

You clever girl...your bagalope is just fabulous!!! I haven't a clue what I am going to make....I may have to case this beauty!!!

Beverly said...

This is gorgeous! How clever of you to pick the bag-a-lope. I love that poinsettia..that is my color red!!! And since your asking, gawdy is in ALL the time - right? LOL

Michelle Woerner said...

WAY cute girlie!!! I have seen this made once. I will use your instructions and do one myself. Thanks for the inspiration! BTW, your poinsettia, bells and ribbon are amazing -so perfect. Hugs, michelle

Julia Aston said...

LOVE your bagalope Anne! and the poinsettia is super - love the bell too - so holiday-ish!!!

Jules said...

Wow that's really creative! Have I mentioned that you rock?