Saturday, October 5, 2013

Framing Flowers




Today I'm posting a card that is inspired by one of my all-time fav stampers, Darlene Devrise.  She is the "Featured Stamper" this week over on SCS.  I didn't even know she had a gallery there!  I have always just followed/subscribed to her posts on YouTube!

So it is an honor to be casing a card of hers that I had "Faved" long ago -- her "Frame of Paper Flowers". Be sure to stop by her blog or check out her technique vidoes on YouTube.  You will be hooked just like me!




For my card, I started by glueing Prima flowers to a vanilla piece of cardstock.  I went with a blues and beige palette. 

Next I ran the piece thru a TH embossing folder to get some texture.

Then I ran the piece through my Big Shot with a Labels 6 Spellbinders die to cut out the focal piece/panel.   

I added a few more Primas on top of the die cut panel and a few silver brads to add dimension to the texture.  I traced around the outside of the same die that I used to cut the focal panel to create a 1/8" larger layering panel on Navy cardstock.  Finally I adhered the piece to a vanilla layer and then attached it to my card base.

Next I used a Simon Says banner die and coordinating sentiment set called "Tilted Banner Sayings" to create the banner under the panel.    



This is my interpretation of Darlene's amazing card!

TFL, I'm so glad you stopped by!

No comments: